Sunday 10 August 2014

100 Happy Days Day 25: Road Trip


My family and I drove down to England to visit friends and stay for a couple of days this week. I know a large amount of people detest long car journeys for a number of reasons but I am one of those weirdos who love them. I love long journeys by most forms of transport as long as I can sit comfortably, stare out of the window and listen to music. To me, it's one of the most relaxing things life has to offer and also one of the most exciting things if you're going somewhere special. Fortunately, it was one of the easiest and pleasant drives down we have ever had, with nice weather and little traffic. Since there's not much more to write about this, I thought I'd take the time to show you some of my road trip essentials for a journey like this.

1. Earphones/Headphones
Here, I have some fabulous (not fake at all...) Beats headphones, perfect for plugging into my iPhone and internally singing the journey away.

2. Portable Charger
Now, I know this isn't particularly 'essential' but I have to say it's one of the best investments I've ever made. I actually ordered it a couple of weeks ago for going camping, knowing I didn't want to be phone-less without a real adult (I don't class myself as one of those yet). It's perfect for just keeping in your bag at all times, ready to be reached for on a day when your phone's about to die and you can't get to a power supply. I think this one was about £15 on Amazon and I would definitely recommend it.

3. Something to Read
This may not be to everyone's taste but as a self-proclaimed bookworm, I cannot attempt a long journey without a book or my Kindle. I'm currently reading The Maze Runner by James Dashner. Granted, I started reading it because one of my ultimate man crushes, Dylan O'Brien, is starring in the film but I am LOVING the book. It's exactly my type of work of fiction and I cannot wait to see the movie.

4. Body Spray
Yes, I like travelling. No, I do not always like the grungey feeling that comes with it. I am a major worshipper of Impulse body sprays and I think they are made for days like these, when you haven't felt fresh air in hours and need a little sprucing up before you venture back out into civilisation. 

5. Hand Cream
I may or may not have just added this in to emphasise my amazement with my new hand cream...

6. Chewing Gum
How fantastic are these huge tubs of chewing gum? Their novelty will never wear off for me. Again, perfect for long journeys, when you sense your breath is getting mildly odorous or you're just a little bored.

7. Lip Balm
And last but not least! Lip balm is something I always have in my bag so it's easy to reach for at any time. My lips do get very dry occasionally and I've always believed that Vaseline is the best product for combatting this. An extra advantage of having this with you on a long journey, however, is to brighten your face a little after all the travelling. I usually feel very tired when I reach my destination so I always feel that adding just a little something to my face helps to detract from the zombie look.

What are your 'Road Trip Essentials'? Do you agree/disagree with any of mine?

6 comments:

  1. I completely agree with everything you'd take on a road trip! I also tend to take a notebook - with journeys providing hours of uninterrupted thinking time, I usually end up with lists of things I've remembered or things that I think of that I need to do at some point!

    http://francesqui.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww that's such a good idea! I may have to incorporate that into my own essentials! Thanks haha!

      Delete
  2. I'm the same, I love long car journeys - they're so relaxing! Is the Maze Runner any good so far? I'm thinking of getting the book for the same reason basically Dylan O'Brien lol! :) x
    jennyseverydaylife.blogspot.co.uk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, glad you agree! Well I'm only 10 chapters in so far but I am loving it, it's really intriguing and seems like it's going to get very exciting soon! Glad someone shares my love for Dylan O'Brien haha! Teen wolf fan? :) xx

      Delete
    2. Ohh sounds good, I'm definitely going to have to pick it up next time I'm in town now :) of course, he's such a cutie! Yeah its a favourite :) x
      jennyseverydaylife.blogspot.co.uk.

      Delete
    3. Good! Let me know what you think! He most definitely is and same haha :) x

      Delete