Thursday 21 August 2014

100 Happy Days Day 41: Quality Pet Time


Today, I spent the majority of my time cuddled up next to one of the most cherished members of our family.



This adorable bundle of fluff is called Rosie and she's been a part of my family since I was two years old - that's seventeen years ago! Lasting this long makes her a strong little lady and I'm so happy and proud to be her owner. The photos cut off before you can see, but she actually doesn't have a tail. When she was barely an adult cat, Rosie escaped being run over and killed by less than a second. However, her tail wasn't so lucky and had to be amputated due to the damage caused by the weight of the car. After this near-death experience so early in her life, it's hard to believe that she is now 85 years old in cat years. It's hard to watch her now as she struggles to make her way up and down stairs and often can't jump even half the height she used to reach with ease. However, she still seems happy enough and knowing that she hasn't got long left only makes me want to show my love for her more. It's difficult not knowing if Rosie will only last one more day or another year but I'm so grateful for all the time I have with her. There's nothing better than curling up on the sofa with this beautiful lady and stroking her soft fur as she falls asleep, purring.


This is one of my favourite photographs ever. I am two years old in this picture, meaning Rosie is only a kitten and a very new addition to our family. As you can see, we shared a strong bond from the beginning...I promise we're a lot more loving towards each other than this conveys.

15 comments:

  1. your cats adorable, I know how you feel, my cats older than me at twenty one in our years so 100 odd in cat years and I love her to bits! :) x
    jennyseverydaylife.blogspot.co.uk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow that's crazy old for a cat! Glad you can relate :) x

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh your cat is adorable! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What amazing babe
    Your cat is adorable
    Kisses
    Maggie D.
    The Indian Savage diary

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's amazing how these little creatures bring such fulfillment to our lives. We love them so much because that is exactly what we get in return from them. Cuddling up with Rosie seems delightful!

    xoxo
    Jessica
    http://vivaciouseventslv.com/blog/olive

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't agree more! It really is, I love her to pieces :) x

      Delete
  5. Beautiful post!!!
    would you like to follow each other with GFC and Bloglovin? let me know...
    Besos, desde EspaƱa, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. So I feel pretty silly. I nominated you for the Liebster award, but I just saw that you were nominated like two times all ready! lol. You don't have to do another post. lol. But I thought I'd keep the nomination since you have such a cute blog. Love the idea of 100 days of happiness. :)
    Your cat Rosie is so pretty, reminds me of my mom's cat Mommer.

    ReplyDelete