Sunday 17 August 2014

100 Happy Days Day 37: New Workout Clothes


Back in spring time this year, I was massively into working out and was getting in some form of exercise every single day - whether it be a light walk or a full body workout. However, when I went on holiday to Turkey in June, I decided to give myself a break for the week, which I think most people would do, unless they're hardcore gym fanatics. The only problem with this was I got used to lazing around again and by the time I was back on Scottish soil, I had no energy or enthusiasm for exercise and haven't done since. 

But this week I've really been getting back into it. I've been building myself up slowly, starting with fairly easy workouts and progressing a little each day. I have now written an exercise schedule in 'Notes' on my phone, which I am hoping to stick to for the next few weeks or so before I start making it a little harder. 

This time I am doing all I can to keep motivated and I think one of the best ways to do this is to buy attractive gym wear. So while out shopping today, my Mum treated me to these shorts. Being my first pair of proper workout bottoms, I am hugely excited about them and can't wait to workout again, purely so I can wear them. They are super comfortable to wear and are very stretchy, providing room for lots of movement. Best of all, they were only four pounds from Primark! I would definitely recommend them for all the reasons I have already mentioned, if not for the simple fact that they look extremely cute on.


One thing I would say is try before you buy as I had to go a size up!

Where's your favourite place to buy workout clothes? Any other advice on staying motivated?

3 comments:

  1. This post is a great reminder for me and after such a long hiatus in my workout, I am planning to hit the gym again this week.

    Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, good for you! I'm finally getting really motivated again.

      Delete
  2. Hahaha I would have to agree!

    ReplyDelete