Thursday 14 August 2014

100 Happy Days Day 34: DIY Lamp


Today, my mum came up with an idea that I wasn't too keen on at first. She brought home a set of fairy lights, which had been reduced to only £1.50 in the B&Q clearance sale, and proceeded to place them in a glass vase to form a "lamp" while my father looked on with worry. But no one was expecting the sheer beauty of it when she finally switched it on as night descended. 


I, for one, think this is absolutely gorgeous. I'm a major fan of DIY items, having traipsed through many of them on Pinterest and other websites. It gives just the right amount of light in our living room - you might say 'mood lighting'. Best of all, it throws up the most incredible shapes and colours onto the wall behind it.


I am in love with this new etherial feature to our living room and can't wait to try out something similar when I move into my flat for university at the end of the month. I saw a lovely white, floral vase in IKEA that I may purchase along with some white or pale pink fairy lights for my bedroom.

Since I was introduced to this new and fantastic way of life, I have also spent a lot of time looking at similar items on Pinterest and have found a few particularly pretty creations.




I think using a wine bottle, filled with potpourri to complete this look is absolutely stunning. It's something I am definitely going to try.

Have you tried out this cheap and easy DIY technique? I'd love to see your creations!

9 comments:

  1. That would look great as a christmas decoration xx
    http://louiselovesbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog! I have nominated you for the Liebster Award!
    Find what to do here: http://pritixc.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/liebster-award.html
    :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a lovely idea! Ideal for Christmas time :) Jenny x
    jennyseverydaylife.blogspot.co.uk.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, that's something I probably should have mentioned in my post but we did check all those things before doing it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a brilliant idea! Like the poster above me said, it's great for Christmas.

    Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete