Monday 11 August 2014

100 Happy Days Day 28: Rainy Day Strolls


Today, my family and I drove for about an hour to a lovely village, surrounded by fields and trees, in order to go on a longer walk. It was cold and the sky couldn't seem to decide whether it wanted to rain or not, opting for 5-10 minutes on one before swapping to the other, continuously. However, I love walking in this sort of weather, I much prefer it to being out in the sweltering heat. The walk was absolutely beautiful and, despite the weather, the loch was gorgeous and peaceful. We even came across a herd of cows, roaming around on the path and had to cautiously edge past them. Every time I go walking, even if I didn't feel up for it to begin with, I absolutely love it. It's great to go on a walk with my family now that my brother is older and doesn't feel the need to stop every five minutes to climb a tree or shoot at us with his toy gun.





The terrain was...let's just say difficult to manoeuvre...at times. The path disappeared for a while and we were carefully trying to balance our way along the side of a ditch that was overgrown with grass and other plants. Not being the most graceful of people at times, I ended up slipping and face planting the mud. This wet and muddy situation was the result...


No comments:

Post a Comment