Sunday 10 August 2014

100 Happy Days Day 27: Thunder Storm


On our journey home from visiting our friends in England, I think it's fair to say the heavens well and truly opened upon us. I would not have liked to have been the one driving us home, since visibility was definitely not what it should be. By the time we made it home and under the covers with a hot chocolate the rain sounded like it was going to smash right through the window and the thunder was booming on the other side of the glass. You may ask why I'm writing about this under the heading "100 Happy Days". Well, I'll confess. I love thunderstorms! There's something so exciting and also comforting about being inside in the warm with loved ones when all hell is breaking loose outside. To make it even better, it was a massive relief to finally have some rain and a little shiver for the first time in weeks due to the crazy heat we've been experiencing in Britain this Summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment