Friday 25 July 2014

100 Happy Days Day 14: Summer Lovin'


I think the whole of Britain is currently in shock due to the fact that we have now had AMAZING weather for about a month. Each day I wake up thinking "right, we've had our fair share of sun. Rain, hit me!" But still the sun continues to grace us with its presence. I'm both a lover and hater of this situation we find ourselves in. On one hand, I am completely and utterly fed up of struggling to sleep due to the fact that I live in an oven. But on the other hand, one of my favourite things to do has always been curling up with a good book in the garden. There's just something about reading outside that seems to make good literature even better. I stand by this statement throughout the year but obviously some winter days can attempt to prove me wrong. However, at the moment I am loving the fact that I can just roll out of bed, throw on some shorts and a top and sink into my sun lounger in the garden with my latest library check-out and a bottle of ice-cold water. 


I'm currently reading Forever by Maggie Stiefvater, which is the third book in a trilogy about teen love and lycanthropy. It's not the best series I've ever read but it's engaging enough and easy to read, which is exactly what I've been looking for these past couple of weeks. What are you reading at the moment? All recommendations are welcome!

8 comments:

  1. I dont like sun much as it always shines in this country but i love rain (heheheheh). You should read anna and the french kiss . Its awesome i love it. ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you, I will have a look for it!

      Delete
  2. I live in Scotland and the weather has been fabulous! We're so lucky right now :)
    Love your blog, would be so happy if you took a look at mine:
    ellissinwonderland.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! It's crazy how hot it is :) I'll definitely have a look right now :)

      Delete
  3. I'm so sick of the hot weather now! I love cold weather where you can wrap up all cosy.. not feeling like I'm going to constanty pass out in the heat haha! x
    http://rachelcoco.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah i'm the exact same to be honest haha!

      Delete
  4. Living in Malaysia, it's hot weather most of the time, hot & humid and frankly there are times where I hate it. But soon we'll be moving to Canada and I know I will miss the sun here. LOL!

    ReplyDelete