Thursday 31 July 2014

100 Happy Days Day 20: YouTube Obsession


Source 1; Source 2; Source 3; Source 4

Today, I woke up with what I can only hope is a 24-hour stomach bug. Whatever it is I'm feeling, it has not been nice and has caused me to spend the entire day in bed. At this point in the post, you may well be wondering how on earth I can turn this around to constitute a description of happiness. Well, I have only one word for you and that word is YouTube! It was actually YouTube that led me to blogging in the first place, after spending hours on end watching as many Zoella videos as possible and subsequently finding the link to her blog. I think I came across her channel one day by searching something about "cute hairstyles" or the like and instantly fell in love with her videos. But since then my love for YouTube has escalated. Most mornings and nights I'll spend half an hour or so before I get up or before I go to sleep catching up on what I've missed. 

My favourite channels of the moment are:

Zoe Sugg and her channels Zoella and MoreZoella
Alfie Deyes and his channels PointlessBlog and PointlessBlogTv
Louis Cole and his channel FunForLouis

And just today, I've really gotten into the SACCONEJOLYs. It seems like an impossible task at the moment to start from where they began since they've been vlogging everyday for years now so I decided to begin with when they moved to England and am slowly catching up. My favourite style of YouTube videos are definitely vlogs. I know a lot of people criticise this style and the people who watch them saying things like "who on earth would want to watch people merely going about their daily life" (they'd probably put it in more rude terms than that). However, I find them interesting and entertaining and I don't see a problem with that. If you don't enjoy that kind of thing that's fair enough but there's no need to judge those who do. The simple fact is YouTubers make a hell of a lot of people happy and what's wrong with that? I will never understand why people feel the need to leave disgustingly rude comments on videos rather than just moving along and doing something they find enjoyable. They're the ones who look silly for wasting their time on something they don't like and starting a hopeless argument with fans.

Rant over...

15 comments:

  1. I love watching their channels as well! :)
    Jina
    www.beautyblogmark.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad people share my obsession haha! :)

      Delete
  2. Haha! Aww I love Jim too but I've never heard of the other two, I'll have to look them up now! Thanks! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also decided to blog because of zoe. I have been watching her videos and reading her blog for a long time. I also love to watch vlogs i think they are awesumm. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favourite Youtube channels are Lisa Eldridge and Wayne Goss. I learnt soo much from the both of them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww I'll have to take a look at their channels then!

      Delete
  5. If you like funforlouis, you should check out Ben Brown. He's friends with him and does the same traveling, adventure vlogs. I spend too much of my boring day watching other peoples more interesting days!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww I think I've seen him in Louis's vlogs but haven't taken the time to look at his channel, I will now though, thank you! Hahaha I'm the exact same, glad to know I'm not alone :)

      Delete
  6. I love watching YouTube videos also! I spend too much time watching them.. lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally agree!! I truly don't understand why individuals expend energy on commenting negative/unnecessary comments on anyone else's work.

    The SacconeJoly's are just lovely. I just love their dynamic!

    xx
    Jessica
    http://vivaciouseventslv.com/blog/bbparty

    ReplyDelete
  8. I completely agree, I LOVE YouTube. My favourites are FunForLouis, Tyler Oakley and Troye Sivan :)
    I also recently made a post on YouTube you can check out on my blog.

    xoxo www.mscaitlinlouise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you agree! I'll check out your post right now :) xx

      Delete