Tuesday 15 July 2014

100 Happy Days Day 4: A New Furry Friend!

After spending so much time with my boyfriend's sister's guinea pigs over the past couple of weeks, I realised how much I miss having a small animal in my own house. I have two cats but I haven't had something smaller in years - I had two hamsters at different points when I was younger. So after mulling it over for a week or so, today I decided to take a trip to the local 'Pets At Home' and purchase myself a little bundle of fluff!

Enter Stiles!

This is Stiles and he is the most adorable little man ever! (Yes, I named my hamster after my favourite Teen Wolf character. No, I am not ashamed.) He has already proved himself to be a mischievous little creature - here, he is actually standing in his food bowl, having thrown half of his hamster muesli out onto the wood shavings. When we bought him the sales assistant asked if I would like her to put the box containing Stiles inside the cage incase he managed to escape. I agreed, thinking this was surely very unlikely but that you can never be too careful. Halfway through the journey I suddenly saw a little bundle of fluff crawling around the cage! The crafty little bugger had scraped and bitten his way out of the box! 


It's safe to say that I am very impressed with my new hammy and am now quite sure we are going to get along very well. I would really like a couple of guinea pigs or a rabbit at some point in the future but on my student budget at the moment, it wouldn't be possible. However, at £34 for a hamster and everything you need to get started (cage, wood shavings, bedding, food bowl, water bottle, hamster muesli, exercise ball and hard mineral to chew on) I think Stiles is the perfect pet for me. I can't wait to get to know the little guy! (After leaving him for 24 hours to adjust to his surroundings of course - I've done my research!) 

2 comments: