Wednesday 16 July 2014

100 Happy Days Day 5: Lunch In Alyth

My boyfriend's gran invited us to visit her in Alyth, which is a small village near the centre of Scotland and about an hour and a half's drive from where I live. So he and I took a mini road trip up to meet her today! 




She treated us to lunch at a beautiful hotel, where I ordered steak pie and chips for my main and creme brûlée for my dessert. I'm sorry to say I didn't take any pictures of my food (glorious food) as it was an extremely posh establishment and I felt very out of place as it was, without bringing my phone out to document my meal (I mean, I had to ask my boyfriend which fork we use first...). So you'll just have to try and imagine the succulent pieces of beef, swimming in a thick gravy beneath a 2 inch layer of soft puff pastry and accompanied by a bowl of both golden, feathery chips, followed by a smooth and sweet creme brûlée, with perfectly-ripe strawberries. Trust me, that description doesn't even nearly do it justice!

No comments:

Post a Comment