Saturday 19 July 2014

100 Happy Days Day 8: Discovering the Magic of Primers


So I know I am very behind the times in this one but yesterday I discovered the genius of make-up primers. There has been a crazy amount of hype around these little bottles of magic for a long time now but (as I am with every craze these days) I was sceptical. However, I've been a lot more interested in all thing beauty recently so I decided to give one a go. When out shopping this week, I purchased this beautiful potion.



The bottle claims that it is a "skin perfecting primer, ultra lightweight formula minimises the appearance of pores". I picked this one up since, at the moment, my favourite foundation is the Rimmel London Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation, along with its accompanying powder. These both work for me since I have very oily skin - although, my skin is a 'bit all over the place' now since I started using my topical acne treatments, so I may need to invest in a new foundation soon that is better for dry and sensitive skin (any ideas?). Anyway, I was quite excited to try out my new primer as I was sick of my make-up melting off of my face within a couple of hours, after spending so much time trying to make it look good. So I applied it under my foundation yesterday for a get-together with friends and could not have been happier (or more surprised) with the results! The primer was super easy to apply, going on like a dream and soaking into my skin. I applied my make-up around 2 in the afternoon and it was still going strong well into the night. I am so happy I finally gave into the hype and would encourage anyone with similar tendencies to do the same. 

10 comments:

  1. I love this primer so badly but I always seem to go through it quicker than I'd like :( It's so good for keeping your make up together in the club though!

    www.twentyonepress.blogspot.com

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I completely agree with all of that haha! It is brilliant though :) xxx

      Delete
  2. i have been wanting to try some new primer. i think i am gonna buy this one. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should, I was really happy with it :)

      Delete
  3. and thank u so much for nominating me. check out my post http://mysteriousblogger21.blogspot.com/2014/07/liebster-blog-award_19.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear, I am more behind times then hun. I haven't even bought one primer till today. I am always tempted but just never thought I will ever need it. Maybe I am wrong and I should give it a try eh? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should try it! I'm so glad I finally did :)

      Delete
  5. I love primers! I use to do my makeup without them and hated the feel of foundation on my face. After primer I loved my foundations way more! They are now a staple! I love the hourglass primer and the smashbox primer! I have pretty dry skin so the rimmel primer would ruin my face ): I've heard so many good reviews on it though!

    Krissy | www.sheetstoshimmer.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, I hate the feeling of foundation on my face too! Primer is the perfect barrier haha! Ooh I want to try the smashbox one :)

      Delete