Wednesday 30 July 2014

100 Happy Days Day 19: Walking On Sunshine


Today, I took a lovely summer walk with my parents around a loch just a 30 minute drive from our home. I love getting out of the house, even if its just for an hour or so, and going for a walk in the fresh air. I'm one of the worst people for taking what I have for granted. I constantly forget how lucky I am to live in Scotland, where I'm surrounded by picturesque scenery, until I actually take a drive or walk through the country and open my eyes to its beauty. It was a beautiful day today - sunny but with a fresh, cool breeze. The loch looked gorgeous with beautiful swans and other birds paddling in the tranquil water, surrounded by flowers and greenery. My family and I used to go on long walks at least once a week but we haven't had time to keep this up in the last few years with mine and my brother's various activities. However, my Mum and I are determined to get back into walking from now on. This was our starter for 10. 


3 comments:

  1. I'm jealous! I live in Kuala Lumpur so smacked in the middle of concrete jungle, not fun really.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww I'm sorry, it must have its perks that set it apart from other places though :)

      Delete
  2. Haha that was my inspiration for the title of course, a classic!

    ReplyDelete